Individuals can appear perfectly fine yet carry something that can be transmitted to others, as we are seeing with COVID-19. This is why all patients each and every day will be properly screened prior to entering. If you have a fever or are feeling ill please cancel your treatment prior to arrival.
All team members will be screened daily prior to open. Team members are trained to practice good hand hygiene. Our team members will be wearing masks and necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and we recommend our patients do too. Our medical equipment, and chambers are always cleaned pre- and post-patient care.
- All patients will be properly screened for symptoms and travel or exposure history prior to entering the clinic.
- No visitors are allowed at this time. If the visitor is a driver for a patient, they will be asked to wait in their car until the patient’s appointment is completed.
- One parent can accompany a minor into the clinic if medically necessary.
- We are scheduling appointment times that are staggered at 15 minute intervals to limit patient-to-patient interaction as well as allot proper time disinfecting in between patients.
- We are practicing social distancing.
- If you have traveled within the previous 2 weeks to other countries or regions inside or outside the United States where infections with COVID-19 have been reported, you should not enter the hyperbaric facility without first informing hyperbaric staff by telephone.
- This is also necessary if you have had close contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19 or is in isolation due to possible exposure.
- Masks are recommended and may be worn entering and leaving the office. Masks are not allowed in the hyperbaric chamber during treatment.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands prior to entering the chamber room.
- During the pandemic, many patients may be using alcohol-based hand sanitizer. This must be washed off immediately prior to hyperbaric treatment due to the risks with oxygen and to chamber acrylics.