HYPERBARIC OXYGEN TREATMENTS
Injuries caused by sports-related activities remain a substantial concern with players, coaches and parents alike. As inflammation and pain play primary roles with respect to recovery, hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been shown to significantly reduce inflammation and ameliorate pain.
Additionally, HBOT can promote fibroblast/collagen activity to accelerate and enhance healing from surgeries and wounds. New evidence supports HBOT as an adjunct and practical treatment to help moderate the effects of traumatic brain injuries and enhance brain imaging results. HBOT is often utilized by physicians and patients to help reach a full recovery from high-impact insults to the body and is currently used by some of the U.S Olympic Teams to treat sports-related injuries as a part of their official medical techniques and equipment. Studies have demonstrated the benefits of HBOT for sports-related injuries with the following:
Accelerate Recovery From Sports-Related Injuries with HBOT
Increases Collagen Production
Reduces Inflammation & Pain
Faster & Better Recovery from Sprains, Tears & Bone Fracture
Enhances Recovery from Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) & Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
Decreases Susceptibility Towards Reinjuring Target Areas
Rapid Recovery from Concussions & Head Injuries
Improves SPECT Imaging Results
Faster Recovery From Surgeries with HBOT
Increases Fibroblast Activation
Reduces Inflammation for Optimal Pre-Op Conditions
Reduces Risk of Infection
Stimulates Stem Cell Proliferation
Decreases Hospital Time
Amplify Recovery From Intensive Training with HBOT
Accelerates Healing from Acute Muscle Strain
Improves Blood Flow
Proliferates the Production of Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP)
Enhance Performance with HBOT
Increases Serotonin Levels
Accelerates Jet Lag Recovery
Decreases Lactic Acid
Study: NFL Athlete Improves Cognitive Functioning with HBOT
In 2011, a case report was published involving an NFL player who suffered multiple concussions. This subsequently led to the development of hydrocephalus, which required emergency shunt brain surgery. The star athlete continued playing and won the Super Bowl, only for his shunt to fail, which left to additional emergency back-to-back surgeries. Following his surgeries, he received 40, one-hour treatments of HBOT. After the treatment protocol, he was independently assessed with neurocognitive evaluations and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) brain imaging by the Amen Clinic in California. Marked improvement in 5 out of 6 indices on the MicroCog assessment for cognitive functioning (a computerized assessment sequence designed to detect early signs of cognitive impairment) was confirmed, in addition to substantial enhancements with respect to SPECT imaging.
Kenneth P Stroller (201)
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in treating sports related TBI/CTE. Medical Gas Research 2011, 1:17
Start enjoying the benefits of oxygen therapy
Clinical research studies have shown that hyperbaric oxygen therapy, also called HBOT, can enhance the body’s innate ability to repair and regenerate. With benefits for many diseases and health conditions:
- Circulation and Blood Flow
- Heart Health
- Brain Function
- Joint and Soft Tissue Health
- Eye Health
- Skin Conditions
- Reduces Inflammation and Pain
- Repairs Cells and Diminishes Wrinkles
- Improves Memory and Reaction Time
- Stress and Anxiety
- First visit includes Patient Information Forms, Consultation, Tour of Center, Review of Chambers Safety and Usage.
- Each Patient is required to purchase an oxygen mask.
- If you do not have a prescription, you may request one from your primary care physician or referring provider. If needed, our Hyperbaric Medial Advisor will provide a prescription after a consultation and Safety Screen Assessment is completed.
- Scottsdale Hyperbaric Center offers military discount for active duty, retired military, and veterans. Customers are required to show a valid government-issued military ID card to redeem this offer.
- Pre-paid packages and single visits are non-transferable between patients and expire 6 months after purchase. No substitutions, rain checks, or refunds. All cancellations or reschedules require a 24-hour notice or they will be subject charges.
- A service charge of 3.5% + Tax will be applied when using credit cards for payment. For your convenience, customers may avoid fees by paying with either cash or check.
- The information contained on this website is for information and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of a physician. Anyone who wishes to embark on any medical program intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with a qualified physician. I hereby consent to participate in this elective wellness pressurization experience which is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.